Tennis Heat
Andy Roddick vs Marat Safin 19/1/07
-------------------------------------------------
I had a very good feeling that Andy will get through and glad that he did. I have profiled Andy as a smart player, this is merely because he demonstrated his reflexiveness in taking any serves that have brought to him. His play was more consistent compared to Marat. He tried to reduce his unforced errors and his attempts in making the first-serve in had brought him to the requisite confident level in winning over Marat.
During set 2, Marat was playing very well. The aces that he made had elevated him to the possibilities of winning. However, in set 3, he was loaded too much by his own rages on incorrect challenges. Moreover, his injury on his finger when he dived to catch Andy's unexpected attempt, might has lose his focus quite a lot in the match.
Andy defeated Marat by: 7-6, 2-6, 6-4, 7-6.
Lesson learned (in my 'unsportman' term): "Rages can subsitute confidence."
Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic 21/1/07
------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't see there are much challenges to Roger when playing with amateur from Sebia. But, undoubtful, Novak is one of the coming-up star that we can look upon.
I enjoyed very much watching Roger in the court. Each of his attempt in serving, receiving was so definite and sure. You can see he hardly made unforced errors. I can see the professionalism demonstrated by him - the world number 1 player.
He defeated Novak by: 6-2, 7-5, 6-3.
There was a funny bit when he was interviewed by Jim Courier (the most sardonic tennis reporter, in my opinion), Roger was asked whether he was bored playing with the young players nowadays, Roger replied modestly, he was glad to see the young players coming-up and certainly motivated by their style.
Jim continued by saying he notised Roger liked to look up to the big screen everytime during the replay and was Roger checking his own shape? (Jim's intention was obvious - to give Roger difficult time). Roger made fun and said "Yes, I think I looked good." Audience burst in laughter. Jim quickily shouted "Proud!" and suggested Roger is not as modest as he thought, but Roger replied "Yes, especially talking to you." Well said Roger.
Lesson learned: "Professionalism is when Skill and Discipline met."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home