Happy Tim Tammy

I saw a Tim Tam TV commercial about a genie wanted to make a pretty girl happy. But nothing seems to work no matter how hard he tried. Until, the girl showed her empty Tim Tam tray with begging eyes, at last the genie knew and made her Tim Tam tray forever full. Moral of the story? "You are the person to decide what you want and God is just there to give you a hand." Be sharp, decisive and cheerful.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Little Retreat at Home

Last weekend, when I was doing garden weeding at my front yard, I saw a Magpie wandering around for a while and suddenly stopped at about an arm distance in front of me and started digging out earth worms from the soil that I had just pulled out some weeds.

Amazing!

I kept on weeding, but this time I paid more attention to what it was doing. It just observed me from the same distance. Just when I was moving away, I saw it gracefully walked towards me and stopped at the patch of soil that I had just done the weeding.

How clever!

Obviously, my weeding job had saved its energy of digging food. :)

---------------

I have a moderate-sized garden, maintainable, and with a few big tall trees at the back yard.
Birds like to stop by. The most beautiful part was when they communicate - their chirping sound can simply create harmony - giving you the serenity that you wanted so much after a long busy week. To me, that's heaven :)

The other day - a clear weekend, I saw 2 kookaburras resting at the border of my house. One was on the tree of my neighbour beside my fence, another one was standing on top of my fence closest to my glass door.

I was making coffee and interrupted by my husband for this view.

I suggested to my husband to go outside and sit closer to the one on the fence. We carried our coffee, slowly and quietly opened the glass door and sat on the steps closest to the fence. We enjoyed our hot coffee, looked how beautiful and calm the kookaburra was, and saw some birds flying in the sky, heard birds chirping on the trees and the breeze with blossoming daisies.

Oh what a retreat! :) :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see the picture when I was reading these words...

5:30 AM  
Blogger HTT said...

I'm glad that it is understandable to reach the readers. Now you know how to enjoy your weekends more. Don't think about works during weekend, it could make you sick - hee hee that's just my opinion :)

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Animals and birds are very clever, I do have experience seeing them doing amazing things; once I saw a rosella standing on one leg while eating a piece of bread held up by it's another leg. It's so human like as if eating form the hand.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..i could see it too. thats wonderful...I have cats and small birds like to hang around in my "corridor garden" too...maybe you don't understand them talkin', they just simply bring joys to you

11:36 PM  
Blogger HTT said...

Too good! we are all animals lovers. Yes!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Tim Tammy,
Another bird story to share with you and all:

The father said to his son who loved to sleep in until late in the morning. "It's the early bird who catches the worm."
The son reply,"Poor worm. It was killed for getting up early".
"No, it wasn't like that," said the father. "This is a stupid worm who have been spending the whole night out drinking with friends. He got so drunk that he couldn't found his way home."

Thanks for the moon cake, they are as sweet as you.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home